Interested in the Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild? Wonder what we do? This is your opportunity!
Join us on May 2, 9:30-11 a.m. at the greenhouse (behind the monastery and gift shop). We’ll give you an inside look at everything we do (vegetable, herb and flower gardens and care, urban beekeeping, potpourri and lavender wand making, garden tours, luminaria, Easter lily and palm cross sale, annual plant and herb sale, and more) and answer your questions.
Experienced and new gardeners welcome.
Our popular Franciscan Monastery Plant and Herb Sale is here: April 25 (9-6) and April 26 (8-3).
Come early for the best selection. We’ll have monastery-grown plants, fresh honey (harvested from our beehives on April 15), herbs, plants, flowers, roses, vendors, food.
Get updates on our Facebook event page.
Join us in April for these events – and visit us on Facebook for photos and updates.
- April 5, 6:30 a.m.: Easter Sunrise Mass in the Lourdes Grotto (dress warmly!), with coffee to follow in St. Francis Hall
- April 8, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Pruning and weeding in the Fr. Francis Rose Garden and potting vegetables and flowers in the greenhouse
- April 11, 9:30 a.m.-11 a.m.: Plant and Herb Sale planning meeting in the greenhouse
- April 18, 9:30 a.m.-11 a.m.: Hermitage tree planting for Arbor Day and weed the vegetable garden
- April 21-24, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Set-up for the Annual Plant and and Herb Sale
- April 25, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and April 26, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.: Annual Plant and Herb Sale (Download our flyer)
Saturdays, 11 a.m. and noon through Sept. 12
Garden tours led by FMGG volunteers (Download our flyer)
Wednesdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Garden care – weeding, pruning, watering, etc. (meet at the greenhouse)
Questions? Want to Volunteer? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual Easter Lily & Palm Cross Sale is here!
Lilies and palm crosses will be available for sale, and pre-orders can be picked up, on Saturday, March 28 (10 a.m.-6 p.m.) and Sunday, March 29 (8 a.m.-4 p.m.) in the Portiuncula Chapel, next to the historic Monastery church.
Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land
1400 Quincy Street, NE | Washington, DC 20017
It’s time to pre-order your Easter lilies and palm crosses! Then, just pick up your items on Palm Sunday weekend (March 28-29, 2015).
Simply download this order form, complete it and mail with your contribution to the Franciscan Monastery Garden Guild, or drop it off at the monastery gift shop.
The lilies and crosses are beautiful for your home, as gifts, or as a donation in honor of a loved one to the Franciscan Monastery. Donated lilies and crosses decorate the church on Easter.
The price is just $9 each at the sale, $8 for pre-orders and just $7 when donated to the monastery for Easter.
If you are interested in volunteering to help set up the sale (on Friday, March 27) or decorate the church (on Saturday, April 4), please contact Eddie Purcell.